Minimum Daily Package
The minimum daily package covers the following services.
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star may require an additional premium)
- All meals
- A licensed Bhutanese tour guide for the extent of your stay
- All internal transport (excluding internal flights)
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tours
It also includes:
- All internal taxes and charges
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of $65. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure.
The minimum daily package for tourists travelling in a group of 3 persons or more is as follows:
- USD $200 per person per night for the months of January, February, June, July, August, and December.
- USD $250 per person per night for the months of March, April, May, September, October, and November.These rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan.
On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan. These must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan.
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.
It is highly recommended that you purchase travel insurance prior to travel.
Tourists travelling in a group of two (2) persons or less shall be subject to a surcharge, in addition to the minimum daily package rates.
These are as follows:
Single individual – US$ 40 per night
Group of 2 persons only – US$ 30 per person per night
Trekking Rates in
Trekking rates will vary depending on the program. For enquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prior to your trip to Bhutan you will be asked to wire the full payment for your holiday
You must wire the tour payment calculated by your tour operator as well as USD 40 (one time visa fee) with the Bhutanese tour operator specified as the ultimate beneficiary.
Please email the bank wire receipt copy.
Cancellation Policy for tour payment:
Once the visa is processed and tour program is booked and subsequent cancellation shall be subject to the following charges:
- Within 45-60 days of start of the program – Free
- Within 30-45 days -10% of the rate
- Within 21-30 days -15% of the rate
- Within 14-21 days -20% of the rate
- Within 7-14 days -30% of the rate
- Less than 7 days or without notice -50% of the rate
- After arrival in Bhutan -100% of the rate
An administrative fee of USD 40 will be charged per cancellation.